For those who are not able to access the Facebook Group, here are your audition materials.
A few reminders about the auditions.
– They are at Warrnambool College Auditorium
– Make sure you have thought about your character for your prepared scene (posted here)
– There will be a cold reading of a scene in the auditions.
– If you are performing a character song please make sure it is roughly a verse and a chorus long
– Arrive with plenty of time before your audition time
If you have any issue please contact one of the directors.
See everyone there!!!
‘Something Better Than This’ sheet music!
We’re listening out for BIG voices with BIG personalities! This song is about DETERMINATION, particularly during the chorus! Feel free to act out the verse, too!
Remember that you are allowed to bring a extra song if you think this one doesn’t really suit your voice… or if you’d like to show off a bit more, especially to go for a role! Please limit your character song to a verse and a chorus.
If you’d like any extra help vocally before the weekend, let Rebecca know and we can try to organise a catch up for Friday!
Some vocally things to think about on audition day:
– Be careful of the things you eat on the day of your audition! You should be fine with anything providing it’s at least two hours prior… BUT just in case, it might be ideal to keep any dairy, chocolate, too much caffeine or super sugary drinks out of your system!
– WARM UP! Something that helps you with breath control, something for range and something for volume should do the trick! (ie fee-fahs, bumblebee, see-ahs, etc).
– Bring a water bottle! VERRRY important to keep yourself hydrated, especially as you’ll be practicing your dance lots, too!
– If you’re feeling scared, just keep telling yourself: “I’m the bravest individual I have ever met!” 😉